The ISF – (International Sport Funding & Support Association) is an independent Austrian association acting as a neutral platform to finance and promote sports clubs and sports activities in Europe.
The ISF is financed by large European and international companies as well as by private enthusiasts. The association ISF offers a neutral platform for sports-sponsoring.
The ISF also invites international associations and institutions to participate in sponsoring.
Depending on the contract, either the ISF or the individual supporter appears as the sponsor.
So far, primarily icehockey clubs and volleyball clubs have been financially supported.
The focus of the ISF:
- The task of the ISF is to support sports,
- as an important part in social life,
- as a keystone for the preservation of human health and
- as a transnational link between peoples and nations
- with material and non-material support.
For this purpose – starting with the sponsoring of the clubs of the KHL (Kontinentale Hockey League – Continental Hockey League) – sports clubs are supported to:
- Present the particular sport to the public
- Spread the sport and make it accessible to a large group of people
- support the club to reach its goals
- advance the work with youths in the sports clubs
- advertize the sport and its events
- enable contests, sports meetings as well as cultural and societal events in connection to the sport
- advance education
The ISF association is a non-profit organization and intends to advance individuals, groups, institutions and associations that exert or support sports.
The ISF is active primarily in Europe, resp. the countries of the Council of Europe.
Individuals, societies and organizations are members of the association.
To collect the needed funding, the ISF approaches companies and institutions that provide sponsoring for sports with and without advertizing.
In addition, funds are collected through grants, membership fees, advertizing, events, etc.